Sports Physical Therapy Services in Virginia
Physical therapy is a vital tool for injury recovery and prevention. Unfortunately, many providers are ruled by insurance companies rather than patient outcomes. You might be sent to a clinic where one paraprofessional sees three or four clients with the same ailment at once and prescribes the same at-home exercises to everyone.
This lowest common denominator of PT has sadly become the norm because insurers will cover only the therapy they decide is “good enough".
SPARK Physiotherapy is ruled by one thing and one thing only: YOU. Our team has decades more experience than is typically offered in physical therapy, and we deliver a level of attention and care that is not available anywhere else.
Our therapy sessions are 60 minutes of one-to-one conditioning, giving you maximum value for your time and effort. Your empowerment and education are our top priorities, so our Virginia sports physical therapists give you the tools you need to return to your life and achieve lifelong health and fitness.
Our Goal Is to Get You Better Than Better
Unlike some injury-based rehabs, we take the time to evaluate the whole person to develop the most effective, safe, and sustainable plan for each client. We want you to feel as good as you did before the pain stopped you from living the life you want, and we go beyond that point to get you feeling better than ever before.
SPARK physiotherapists use various manual therapy techniques and therapeutic exercises to restore function, improve healing, and help prevent future injuries. We provide you with a comprehensive home exercise program to strengthen critical areas and can perform trigger point dry needling to relieve deep-tissue pain.
Our clients can be seen without a physician’s referral, and all physical therapy visits are eligible for reimbursement by your health insurance provider. Schedule your physical therapy evaluation today to get started!
Book a Physical Therapy Evaluation
Conditions That May Improve With Physical Therapy
- Sports injuries. Our team is proficient in sports rehab for pain related to baseball, golf, gymnastics, tennis, Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) or Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ), and other training and competition injuries.
- Post-operative pain. Manual therapy, especially trigger point dry needling for muscular pain and movement restriction, is a sought-after solution for pain after rotator cuff, ACL, or hip and knee surgeries.
- Joint pain. Physical therapy alleviates pain and discomfort caused by repetitive use, arthritis, accidents, or occupational injury. Our techniques can improve pain from shoulder dysfunction, ankle sprains, knee injuries, patellofemoral pain syndrome, or degenerative joint disease.
- Chronic pain. Some clients use physical therapy to combat chronic health conditions such as fibromyalgia, hypertension, headaches, and TMJ, or ergonomic issues such as low back pain, neck pain, or postural abnormalities.
Who Could Benefit From Physical Therapy?
Physical therapy can help just about anyone ease pain and gain greater control over their bodies. It is particularly beneficial if a person's movement is affected by the following:
- Aging. Older adults who have physical therapy sessions are more likely to have the strength and balance it takes to avoid common injuries, such as falls or broken bones.
- Acute injuries. Rolled ankles, broken bones, and surgery recovery can all cause short-term disability that could benefit from physical therapy. Therapy is typically recommended after the injury has healed, and ligaments and muscles can be stretched without risking re-injury.
- Chronic injuries. Athletes at all levels of play are at risk of overuse injuries. Sports physical therapy can help treat chronic pain from overuse injuries and develop techniques to prevent re-injury.
- Disease. Patients with musculoskeletal disorders, such as arthritis or fibromyalgia, may benefit from physical therapy to improve motor skills and restore coordination. It can also help ease pain in people with chronic illnesses, helping them manage their symptoms and improving their quality of life.
Book Your Physical Therapy Evaluation Today
As a full-service sports therapy clinic, we typically meet our clients when they need pain management or after they suffer an injury. However, many of these clients transition into our wellness or personal training services after we have successfully resolved their initial problems. It’s our mission to examine and improve all levels of functional mobility, creating a ‘better than before’ chance for our clients to feel their absolute best.
Whatever your goals are, we take a slow-and-steady approach that gets you the results you want. Schedule your first visit at SPARK Physiotherapy today, or call 703-329-0181 to learn more about what we do.