Matt Szymanski is SPARK’s newest Performance Physical Therapist. Matt graduated from Bucknell University in 2013 with a BS in Civil and Environmental Engineering. Matt is from Glastonbury, CT where he spent 5 years working as a highway engineer.
Matt’s interest in fitness, performance, and rehabilitation developed during his time as a CrossFit coach, which he has been doing since 2015. He enjoyed the challenge of working with athletes exhibiting limitations or managing injuries but found that he wasn’t able to help people as much as he wanted with only a coaching background. This inspired him to go back to school and follow his passion for helping people move better, stay out of pain, and pursue a fulfilling and active lifestyle.
Matt graduated from the University of Connecticut’s DPT program in 2021, and many of you will remember him from his time spent as a student with SPARK in the summer of 2020. His time here exposed him firsthand to the SPARK difference, and he knew immediately he wanted to continue delivering the patient-centered, one-on-one care SPARK prides itself on. With his functional fitness background and clinical training, Matt specializes in being able to bridge the gap from rehab to return to activity, assisting patients through the full continuum of care.
In Matt’s other role as Assistant (to the) Clinical Director, he does whatever Kristen says.
Education and Training
- BS Civil and Environmental Engineering – Bucknell University
- Doctor of Physical Therapy – University of Connecticut
- Functional fitness and strength athletes (CrossFit, Powerlifting, and Olympic Weightlifting)
- Metabolic conditioning and high-intensity training reintegration
- Pain science and movement education
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- Certified in CPR and AED
- Travell and Simons Method – Myopain Seminars- Trigger Point Dry Needling Level 1 and Level 2