Physical Therapy and for Baseball Players in Alexandria, Virginia
Feel like no matter how hard you try, you just can’t get around on the fastball up and in? Are you a pitcher who finds your mechanics breaking down in the 5th?
Can’t quite figure out why that fastball went from down and away to belt high right down the middle?
If you’re a baseball player, you know it is not just the summer pastime you pick up between seasons. At SPARK, we feel the same way.
Whether you suffered an injury, are still underperforming after physical therapy, or want to learn sport-specific form and movement, our Virginia sports therapists can help you recover your lost abilities—and even find new ones. Please fill out our online contact form to learn more about our baseball physical therapy and conditioning program.
Private Baseball Fitness and Baseball Physical Therapy
SPARK Physiotherapy’s approach to baseball starts from the ground up. It takes much more than shoulder strength to throw a 90 MPH fastball. Our baseball-specific evaluation analyzes your performance in vital aspects of the game and creates a customized plan to identify and improve weak areas.
Our services are for athletes who want to improve their:
- Throwing. We have targeted exercises for pitching and fielding to create strong hips, core, shoulders, and arm muscles.
- Hitting. Our swing training helps to improve consistency in the batter’s box.
- Agility. Footwork, reaction, and speed training help you get that extra jump on the bases.
- Body mechanics. Flexibility, balance, and posture training can maximize efficiency in all movements and help prevent injuries.
- Injury and surgical rehabilitation. We can help increase mobility and strength after a variety of sports-related injuries, including rotator cuff tears, ulnar collateral ligament (UCL) tears, knee injuries (such as ACL and MCL injuries), muscle sprains and strains, muscle fatigue (including dead arm), repetitive overuse trauma, as well as arthritis and joint problems.
Baseball (PT) Physical Training to Strengthen and Optimize Your Body
Baseball requires every player to perform a repetitive set of movements, placing the muscles and ligaments at risk of overexertion. If a player isn’t allowed to recover, their tired muscles start to lean on the joints, tendons, and bones for additional strength, weakening the body and affecting performance.
Our baseball PT services include massage, stretching, strengthening, and other techniques to relieve strain and make players less susceptible to injury. We have therapies to improve performance in all positions, including:
Pitching Arm Conditioning Therapist
Pitchers place a lot of rotational strain on their backs and necks as they wind up and use their shoulders and arms repeatedly during throwing. Physical therapy on the picking arm ensures that pitchers can throw harder, longer, and with more accuracy. Back and leg exercises can ease the strain on the dominant leg used to propel the ball forward.
Physical Therapy for Baseball Batters
Being a batter in baseball can be tough on the body. Long innings and massive swings can really do a number on your muscles and joints. Our physical therapy for batters includes endurance, training arm strength, leg strength, and correcting muscle imbalances that prevent you from making strong and steady contact with the ball.
Catchers Performance and Injury Prevention
A catcher performs almost as many throwing motions as a pitcher, but does it while bracing their arms and squatting. Our physical therapists provide exercises specifically tailored to relieve the constant pressure on a catcher's knees, neck, back, and ankles, as well as create a tailored stretching regimen to prevent joint injuries.
Baseball Outfielders PT and Conditioning
Outfielders have to strike the right balance between conserving energy and staying flexible to maximize their performance. Physical therapy is used to stretch out the arms and shoulders for overhand throws, warm up the legs for long sprints chasing fly balls, and prepare the joints for quick take-offs. and use foam rollers or tennis balls to hit all those hard-to-reach muscles used while tracking grounders and line drives.
Customized Baseball Physical Therapy and Conditioning
- Foundations phase. Our Winter Baseball Strength and Conditioning program is the perfect movement preparation and power-building for the off-season. The course runs from October through February and uses objective muscle strength, joint function, and sport-specific mobility measurements to ensure your body is primed for spring.
- Constant reassessment. We know you’re itching to get back into the game, and we know how to get you off the bench as quickly as possible while keeping your long-term physical goals a priority. We retest regularly during injury recovery to be sure we’re treating each problem at the right time and teach you how to treat your body both in and out of season.
- Athletic phase. We hold our Pre-Season Tryout and Showcase Primer from March through April to spotlight players and hone their power and agility for tryouts and new practice schedules.
Reserve a Spot in Our Baseball Program Today
SPARK Physiotherapy serves clients throughout Northern Virginia and the DC Metro Area. Whatever you’re dealing with, we can help you get off the treatment table and back to the activities you love most.