Physical Therapy for Baseball in Virginia
Feel like no matter how hard you try, you just can’t get around on the fastball up and in? Are you a pitcher who finds your mechanics breaking down in the 5th?
Can’t quite figure out why that fastball went from down and away to belt high right down the middle?
If you’re a baseball player, you know it is not just the summer pastime you pick up between seasons. At SPARK, we feel the same way.
Whether you suffered an injury, are still underperforming after physical therapy, or want to learn sport-specific form and movement, our Virginia sports therapists can help you recover your lost abilities—and even find new ones. Please fill out our online contact form to learn more about our baseball physical therapy and conditioning program.
Private Baseball Fitness and Baseball Physical Therapy
SPARK Physiotherapy’s approach to baseball starts from the ground up. It takes much more than shoulder strength to throw a 90 MPH fastball. Our baseball-specific evaluation analyzes your performance in vital aspects of the game and creates a customized plan to identify and improve weak areas.
Our services are for athletes who want to improve their:
- Throwing. We have targeted exercises for pitching and fielding to create strong hips, core, shoulders, and arm muscles.
- Hitting. Our swing training helps to improve consistency in the batter’s box.
- Agility. Footwork, reaction, and speed training help you get that extra jump on the bases.
- Body mechanics. Flexibility, balance, and posture training can maximize efficiency in all movements and help prevent injuries.
- Injury and surgical rehabilitation. We can help increase mobility and strength after a variety of sports-related injuries, including rotator cuff tears, ulnar collateral ligament (UCL) tears, knee injuries (such as ACL and MCL injuries), muscle sprains and strains, muscle fatigue (including dead arm), repetitive overuse trauma, as well as arthritis and joint problems.
Customized Baseball Physical Therapy and Conditioning
- Foundations phase. Our Winter Baseball Strength and Conditioning program is the perfect movement preparation and power-building for the off-season. The course runs from October through February and uses objective muscle strength, joint function, and sport-specific mobility measurements to ensure your body is primed for spring.
- Constant reassessment. We know you’re itching to get back into the game, and we know how to get you off the bench as quickly as possible while keeping your long-term physical goals a priority. We retest regularly during injury recovery to be sure we’re treating each problem at the right time and teach you how to treat your body both in and out of season.
- Athletic phase. We hold our Pre-Season Tryout and Showcase Primer from March through April to spotlight players and hone their power and agility for tryouts and new practice schedules.
Reserve a Spot in Our Baseball Program Today
SPARK Physiotherapy serves clients throughout Northern Virginia and the DC Metro Area. Whatever you’re dealing with, we can help you get off the treatment table and back to the activities you love most.
Our combination testing and training program are highly sought-after, so space is typically limited. Contact us before registration closes, or call 703-329-0181 to learn more.