We're Looking For Sports Strength & Conditioning and Personal Fitness Professionals
SPARK Physiotherapy is northern VA's premiere destination for one-on-one Sports Physical Therapy and Elite Level Personal Training.
We are looking for a crew of energetic, motivated, dependable, and determined sports strength and conditioning/personal fitness pros. This additional support will be vital in the rollout of our expanded facility and sports team offerings in our latest venture, the SPARK Fieldhouse.
"The House" will be the off-season home for northern VA's baseball, softball, track, soccer, basketball, tennis, and golf athletes, just to name a few. Our team has decades of experience getting people past their pain or functional limits to new heights of physical ability on the field and in life.
We do it with a fun and detail-oriented customer service culture that our clients rave about. Want proof? Just google SPARK Physiotherapy and read our reviews.
We are seeking candidates to fill our Strength Coach and Personal trainer position(s) in Alexandria, VA. Read below and feel free to apply. We are looking forward to meeting you.
Sports Strength & Conditioning and Personal Fitness Pros at SPARK Physio:
- Are adept at exercise prescription, sport-specific programming, adjusting workloads, and pushing conditioning of athletes while maintaining professionalism and approachability
- Are skilled working one-on-one with small or large teams (up to 20 athletes at a time)
- Are flexible and can work with a wide variety of clientele and personally connect with each individual. Personalized customer service experience is vital.
- Understand the importance of the culture fit and is eager to prove this during a short onboarding/work-interview experience.
- Are fierce client advocates across all parts of the sports medicine continuum
- Provide clear treatment/program planning with safe progression toward movement or sport goals
- Communicate effectively with other Team members about patient/client plans of care and appropriate progressions/adjustments to be made.
- Advocate the many benefits of lifelong wellness care
- Possesses advanced skills in sport-specific exercise and life skill hardening movement prescription
- Is excited to work in a dynamic and fun setting in groups as well as one-on-one with patients coming off of injury or clients with specific fitness goals
- Is always excited about learning new treatment or training methodologies that advance their skills
SPARK Team Members may take advantage of the following benefits:
- Intensive mentorship and professional development
- Be part of Northern VA's most cutting-edge team of manual sports PTs and fitness professionals
- Work with motivated competitive clients and patients of many sports and movement backgrounds: Youth, High School, Collegiate and Professional athletes, and "competitive movers" of all ages.
- This position begins as a commission/contractor with the goal of progressing to a full-time staff position
- Advancement opportunities are available
- Competitive base salary and performance bonuses*
- Excellent benefits
- 401k Retirement Plan - with a match
- 529c College Dependent Savings Plan
- Medical and dental benefits - Concierge Med + HDLP plan
- Paid time off in addition to major holidays
- Con Ed benefits
*for full-time team members
- CSCS and/or ATC and/or USAW credentials
- Personal Training Certification (NSCA, ACSM, NASM, AFAA, IFPA, others considered)
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum 2 years personal training experience
- Minimum 1 year sport or sports strength coaching experience - individual AND groups/teams
- Comfortable interacting with sports physical therapy professionals and carrying forward a physical therapy plan of care
- Minimum 3 years of strength and conditioning experience or coaching
- Master's level training
- SFMA/FMS experience
- Current or previous involvement in amateur or competitive athletics
- Blog writing and/or social media proficiency
- Content capture maven
- Program creation/management experience
- Elite-level customer service employment history